Sunday, October 23, 2011

October 21, 2011

I am re-starting the blog with more cooking photos and recipes. Before I stopped, I was ill for about a week and a half from improper acid-base balance. With the help of close friends, I managed to recover quickly and have been doing well since.


Here is a Apple- Spiced Carrot soup. It reminds me of my friend David's carrot puree.
The basic premise is:

1/2 an onion, 1 leek, 1 apple, cored and peeled , 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces, 4 cups of vegetable broth, curry powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. I used homemade bouillon for the broth. ( I halved the recipe)

Saute the onion, leek, apple and carrots with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and butter, I used about 1 tablespoon of butter and 1/2 a tablespoon or (1 1/2 teaspoons) olive oil for about 5-7 minutes. Add the broth, bring to a boil and let simmer for 30 minutes. Blend it, and then add the spices!

No comments:

Post a Comment